Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

I love Spring....Here in California - everything is green. There are wild flowers all over the place. I can plant in my garden. It rarely goes below 60 degrees or over 74 - perfect! My favorite time of year.

One of my favorite poems sums it up. except for the balloon guy - which sort of freaks me out. If I saw this guy at the park - whistling and wee-ing...I would take the kids the other direction.

read on


in Just-

spring when the world is mud- luscious

the little
lame balloonman
whistles far and wee


and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies


and it's
spring
when the world is puddle-wonderful


the queer
old balloonman whistles


far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and


it's
spring
and the goat-footed
balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee


e.e. cummings

I am feeling a bit more energy,too. The Dr. upped my synthroid once again. I have had two good solid nights of sleep and although my muscles still feel kind of sloggy - I don't hit the wall at 1:00 p.m. and have finally (read: yeah!) done my 'bodily function" with ease and some regularity. I know, I know - Too Much Information. But hey, I figure you already know so much about my anatomy and the like...and at this point the only people who read this thing are people who I would be telling this to anyway - I thought I would save the hoarsey voiced conversation.
It is still quite a strain to talk - and at this point a bit of a concern. Could take months...somehow I manage to 'yell' at someone at some point during the day. The show must go on.

Happy Spring!!!

No comments: