Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Brillante




Apparantly, someone other than my mommy thinks that I am something special. Romi over at It is What it Is has bestowed me with my first ever blog award. As much as I can cyber hug her, I will. Didja feel that Romi? Too hard? How's that? There. Thank you new bloggy friend. Thank. You. Or should I say, Gracias - as this seems to be an award from the Spanish Blog channel.


"Tito, get me a tissue!" (wipes teary eye with with one sequined glove). I am so choked up right now I don't know what else to say.





I supposed to pay it forward - so here goes:


Once an award is received, the rules are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.




The first one (or two) go to Tiffany at The R Family Diaries and Heather at Mindless Junque for starting The Secret's in the Sauce. The fabulous consortium which features bloggers and drives up traffic and commentors to your site. Honestly, I don't know how they have time to do all that and work and take care of their families and post daily on their own individual blogs....I am in awe of them - really. And I am not just saying that 'cuz they featured my Wine 101 on their other site containing Saucy SITS girl recipes.

The second shout out needs to go to Kat at Mama's Losin It who honestly has no clue who I am...but her site is so chock full of information about blogging. I hit the mother load - or should I say the Mama Load when I came upon her. I just learned how to do the linky thing...now I am linking like crazy!! And, I hear that if you link too much you can go blind.

Now for some more:

To Backpacking Dad who was one of the first commentors on my little addiction and was firmly to teach me some etiquette (like the difference between lurking and trolling). And, he is a great daddy who makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. All I can say is his little one is one lucky little one.

To Insane Mama and Tent Camper who - I think - just got it on in my blogosphere the other night. Their lives are full of the good, the bad and the ugly and they share it all with us. When we gettin' together for a weenie roast on the beach guys?

And finally - to Brittany who shares my obsession with food, the drink, great shoes and potty mouthed musings....I gotta meet this one!

Not to have forgotten the rest of you who are visiting me every day and leaving wonderful comments, but I was told seven and seven is what I am gonna do.

Whew! By my count, that's about ten linky things in about ten minutes. I can still see, thank god.

So to all of you out there....Gracias! Y tenemos un diario brillante y profundo!




15 comments:

Fannie said...

Spread that bloggy love!

Insane Mama said...

Thanks, and congrats! YOu deserve it!

Lula! said...

In addition to your rapidly-growing list of awards (all well-deserved), I am anxiously awaiting your cover on Wine Spectator Magazine.

Tiffany said...

Yeah! I love it! You totally deserve that one. So, we are totally meeting, I have 4 weeks left. We need to make it happen. You pick.

M said...

Congrats!!

Crazy Momma said...

Congratulations on the award!

I just learned to link too...Mama Kat RULES and SO deserves that award!

Debbie said...

You are much better about paying it forward than I am. I just never know who to pick, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This was a funny post!

Melissa said...

Congratulations to you!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Congrats to you! I am such a slacktard. I need to thank people for my awards. And accolades. And such. And then spread the love...

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG!!! You quoted Eddie Murphy's 'Raw"!!!!!!! One my all-time favorites! "Now that's a fire!"

Brittany said...

SQUEAL! This is SO EXCITING!!!!!

Weith Kick said...

Congrats on your award!

MaricrisG said...

wow congratulations! You deserve the award. Speech speech! :) btw, I love the fiesta foto. That little starfish clinging was cute!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Congrats on your awards!!! I've tagged you with a meme over at my place.

KatBouska said...

Oh man, I so did NOT come and retrieve my prize. Thank you so much!! You're my new favorite because you love me and I love people extra who love me and who have been loving me with me even knowing about it. Thank you thank you thank you!