Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Precious Moments

I gotta say as much as I hate getting up in the morning and doing the 'getting kids to school' thing (which luckily for me, Hubby does not seem so loathe to do) - I do love my little conversations I have with them in the car on the way.

As Mother's Day is approaching, there is a distinction between real mother's day and fake mother's day that Rachel is trying to understand.

Real Conversation went like this:

Rachel : "When is real Mother's Day?"
Me: (for about the 20th time in past hour) "Real Mother's Day is this Sunday"
Rachel: "When is Fake Mother's Day?"
Me: (explaining that Fake Mother's Day is when they will celebrate it at preschool) "Next week."
Rachel: "I don't know what to get you for Real Mother's Day." Maybe I can give you a jewelry
that I don't want anymore, or a picture, or a something."
Me: "How 'bout just your love?"
Rachel: " Moooooom, you get that everyday with my deliciousness and kisses!"

Precious moments.....and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Mar said...

I found your site from Bread Crumbs in the butter and just love the pics of your girls :) It's like a flash forward for me since mine are so young.

I can't wait to be able to have conversations like that with my daughters.

DeeDee said...

"....deliciousness and kisses." Too cute. That made my heart melt. What a sweetheart.

In case you didn’t know, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link on his Big Big Stars post a while back in a post of my own in April called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!

If you did know just overlook this and pretend I said something funny since my brain feels like mush from trying to comment on all 217 on the list because somebody had the bright idea to challenge me to it!!