Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finding My Inner Nemo









On Saturday, we went to the beach. Not the sun tanning and swimming kind of beach. But a great state park with tide pools and caves and wildlife. It was a nice day, but not blazing hot. No bathing suits either. We just explored the wild life. We saw 1 dead sea lion, 2 dead birds, 2 very alive and loving life starfish, 1 very alive and hiding from life rattlesnake, many anemone and barnacles and muscles (oh my!).

I love the beach. The smells, the sounds.
And this year - I have decided that for Mother's Day -
instead of spending oodles of money on some bad brunch with bad service - I am going to invest in a sturdy umbrella, and a few sand chairs and we're hitting the beach! Everywhere I looked there were people eating things from my favorite food group: the 'toe's group. You
know, Chee(tos), Fri (tos) and Dori(tos) and Pota(tos)! So, some excellent turkey sandwiches and some salty chip type substances are in order! Can't wait to find my inner Nemo!





By the way, I think I have found the perfect spot for Poppy. I'll let you know next weekend.
"The beach is the place, where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world that's real. And, I see a face coming through the haze, I remember him from those crazy days."
Pete Townsend
from The Who's Quadrophenia.

No comments: