Thursday, February 28, 2008

Now I know how pulled pork feels...

First let me preface this post with some really good news.
Pathology from 2nd lobe came back clean. Dr. says there is no need for Radioactive Iodine Ablation treatment since that kills errant malignant cells, and there are none. YEAH!!! Wee-Hoo! Yippee!!

The dread of feeling like crap for 10 weeks, then going through the 3 day treatment, and the fear that it would not work has been overwhelming to say the least!

My calcium levels are slightly abnormal, which would be the reason for the tingly hands, feet and face. The past few days I feel as though I had been on a bender. Hungover without the benefit of being at the party. Sluggish and exhausted. That is how my head feels. Like I am standing outside of myself, watching that 'stupid drunk girl' ready to hurl or pass out.

I will also describe what my body feels like.. I feel like my meat is falling off my bones. Like when you cook - or overcook a chicken. The bone pulls away from the meat. Well, that's how I feel right now, physically. Now I know what a pulled pork sandwich feels like. It is a bizaare sensation....Dr. says it is partly from the calcium level and partly from going super hypothyroid.
I should feel better in about a week. YEAH!! Wee-Hoo! Yippee!

What a relief. My kids are relieved. Hubby is relieved. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.. And the best news is the tunnel is shorter than we all thought.

Now onto better things. Like something to eat, and maybe a glass of wine. MMMmmm.

1 comment:

Tara said...

we'll have cyber pinot noir!!!