So I was actually tagged by another blogger! I feel honored by this. It means the following to me: either I am a pain in the ass and leave too many comments on some of these blogs and the tagger is trying to discourage me from doing so - OR- I am a pain in the ass and leave too many comments on some of these blogs and the tagger is trying to validate my fragile self image by making feel I am part of the community and hence, the tagging. In either case, and I am not picky, I do feel validated . Someone likes me, they really like me!
soooo here goes:
Eight things I am passionate about:
1. my girls
2. my relationships (hubby and friends')
3. wine and sharing the goodness about it
4. reeling in the success that my tough love approach to training the youngest one has worked
and I can actually go out this year.
5. the 'toes' group = Chee, Fri, Dori, and Pota (my favorite food group , by the way)
6. my family unit and all that it means to have one
7. a good night's sleep or afternoon nap
8. The relished abandon I feel when I watch my kids eat, color, dance, sleep, sing, play - they inspire me
Eight things I would like to do before I die:
1. be old enough to be nostalgic about my youth
2. dance on a stage
3. travel only first class
4. be at my grandchildrens' weddings and being able to dance there
5. have my daughter actually graduate from Harvard like she wants to (she's 8, BTW)
6. have one of my winning Vegas dreams actually come true (trust me , they are better than sex dreams) ) thus ensuring #3 will always happen
7. publish something meaningful
8. share all that with my Hubby
Eight things I say a lot:
1. 6 of the seven George Carlin words that can't be used on tv....(the other one I just never use)
2. god damn it!
3. Emily, Emily, Emily (louder each time) - Hellooooo, I am talking to you!
3. Dude/Wahlter/or 'ter for short
4. I love you.
5. What a fantastic (insert word for work of art, athletic skill, or man sized body function here)
6. Sit straight, like a person for god's sake!
7. I am going insane.
8. What the hell, it's 4:00 somewhere!
Eight books I read and can actually remember
1. Are you there god it's me margaret (Judy Blume)
2. A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
3. I know this Much is True (Wally Lamb)
4. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
5. A Separate Peach (John Knowles)
6. any and all Vonnegut novels
7. most Dean Koontz books since they are all basically the same, but a good quick beach read
8. The Glass Castle (Jeanette Walls)
Eight Movies I have seen 8 times
1. any and all Pixar films
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Godfather I and II
4. You've Got Mail
5. Shrek I and II
6. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
7. Apollo 13
8. Forest Gump
(can you tell I'm lovin' Tom Hanks here?)
So- thanks to Christen at Tiptoeing Through the Tulips for tagging me! Now I am supposed to tag 8 people, too. So , as I have nary the clue how to copy and paste their links, I will just write their names and if they so choose to participate - great! I chose these 8 because I am bigger than them - and could take them in a fight - and for no other reason but! Thanks for playing along!
Debbie at This is Life
Robin at Party of Five
Lula at Lulaville
Meryl at Mommy Meryl
Heather at Mindless Junque
Tiffany at the R Family Diaries
Kandace at One Crazy Chick
Aunt Becky at Mommy Wants Vodka
PS- We saw Wall-E today and I didn't think it was that bad. A bit apocolyptic for many people's tastes. I do, however, love the way the human spirit triumphs in the end. If anyone was a MAD Magazine reader (am I truly the only one?) in the 70's, this so reminds me of the 'story' where all the people's limbs atrophied from non-usage and we (humans) started to develop Weeble like bodies with no arms and legs. The producers of this film must have members of the Alred E. Newman fan club. I give the movie 2 1/2 stars out of 4.