Sunday, June 8, 2008

Skittles! Joy.

The calm after the storm...





....the storm before the calm.

Aaaah. Pinatas and birthday parties and the parent (me)who hates them.

Seriously, who ever thought giving a bat to a bunch of 4 year olds to swing crazily at a box full of sugar ....What-ever. At least this pinata was innocuous enough. A big silver star loaded with skittles, lollipops, starbursts and gummie things. Watch Rachel as she excitedly waves the bag to show me "See mom? Skittles!" Joy.

The last party we went to had a toddler sized Snow White pinata. The sight of a bunch of kids literally whacking the stuffing out of Snow White then charging the ruins to collect its innards left Rachel questioning the meaning of life itself. No amount of Skittles was worth that look of horror.

*authors note: No child was harmed in this posting. Video taken not to protect the innocent, but to show that my kid has manners and did not hoard. Sugar coma was self induced by child and not by hostess of aforementioned party. Mother of sleeping children rested comfortably in a lovely little glass of California Rose and a bowl of yummy risotto. Joy.

15 comments:

Acrimony said...

You're a better woman than I am. The screaming makes me want to lash out irrationally. :P

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

I can't believe you just sat there with the camera. Did you not hear her say there was SKITTLES??

KatBouska said...

Skittles are only joyous if they are being poured into my mouth...no buts about it.

Aunt Becky said...

I'm pretty sure I would hump Skittles if I were able to. Probably not at a kids party, tho.

Anonymous said...

It's funny how small children like to beat the crud out their favorite cartoon characters.

Jen said...

visited by way of SITS, nice blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your disclaimer! And yeah, I agree on the scary idea of giving bats to kids!

P.S. came over from SITS!

Tausha said...

The things we do for our children! Your a good mom!
found you from sits-enjoy your blog-i agree about the rip off-customer service has gone down the drain! I am not the old-but i do remember being taught that the customer is always right and treat them wonderfully so they will want to come back. I only worked as a bagger at a local grocery store.
Kids who work now thik that they should n't really have to work for a pay check, they are just entitled to it! Makes me a mad- alot!! COme on by and say Hi anytime!

Insane Mama said...

personally, I love pinatas!
and skittles, who doesn't love skittles.. Isn't it nice when they are passed out from all the fun?

Unknown said...

okay, I must admit that I didn't look at ALL the blogs before making that "saucy" comment ;)

Unknown said...

wait a minute! Why all the surgeries? OMG I could not handle it!

Candid Carrie said...

Hi, I popped over via SITS. Very funny about beating a toddler-sized Snow White. I am so sorry that I found that entertaining.

Kristen Andrews said...

hi there Kristen from Kristen's Custom Creations. The proud mama necklace is sterling silver! If you have any questions you can email me at klacustomcreations@comcast.net

Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see the chillin's with the bats in hand smaking the star! Bummer....

leezee52 said...

Hi I saw your comment on Carrie's blog and had to stop by. I saw the photo of your pinata' and I remember we use to have home B-day parties for our kids too. I thought that it was easier to keep track of them at home. Our blogs sort of look alike...cool!