Friday, January 8, 2010
The One In Which She Vows to Go From Flab to FAB !**
But unlike a lot of you , other than the sleeping late part of winter vacation- I missed the routine of the routine and was excited to get my kids off to school this week.
This is the time of year when everyone is jumping on the Resolution Band Wagon - and Swirl Girl is no different. In fact as a family - we celebrated New Year's Eve by playing Resolution Pictionary . We made sort of a family contract listing things we all could do to make our family successful (read: happier, less stressed = less yelling!)
In order to be successful
We want to do the following:
1. Pay attention to your surroundings (which is a nice way of saying don't be such a klutz!)
2. Keep your room clean! (which is a nice way of saying ...mommy doesn't like the clutter!)
3. Listen to each other (which is a nice way of stop finishing other's sentences)
4. Make your bed
5. Set the table (which is a nice way of saying - help mommy out!)
6. Pick up your mess (kitchen, toys, ect.)
7. Accept responsibilities for our actions (which is a nice way of saying punishment will fit the crime)
8. Take care of our bodies (which is a nice way of saying brush your teeth without me reminding you!)
9. Put away your clothes when they are clean (which is a nice way of saying I ain't doin' it anymore)
10. Put yourself in other people’s place (= empathy!!)
11. Treat others the way you want to be treated (oh, the Golden Rule...right?)
12. Think before you speak or act (Which is a nice way of saying no more Ready, Shoot, Aim!)
We typed it all up after the doodling - and put in an 8x10 frame and it hangs proudly in the house.
So far, a whole week into it, we are doing just so-so . Mommy just has to say #12, or "Did you #4 today?"
We're all about code words here.
And I have my own personal list of Wants for this new year.
1) Exercise Daily
2) Read more for pleasure
3) Monetize her life
4) Try to fill my ubiquitous Glass Half Empty attitude (adjusting my A). In other words - I am gonna lighten the fluck UP!
I can still be funny and snarky without being so dark and gloomy all the time. (IthinkIcan, IthinkIcan.)
I want what everyone else seems to have. Or if they don't have it...they just pretend better than me. And I want to learn how to do that.
I am joining a group of like minded women on a project spearheaded by Linda Sellers of Short Pump Preppy called 52 to Fabulous. The key to this challenge is the support. I started my personal training sessions at the gym yesterday. I want to not be totally grossed out by my nekkid body. I don't expect to be sporting a bikini this summer - not that that wouldn't suck, but when your 5 year old tells you that you look like your gonna have a baby - it's time to shift gears.
I wonder what the next best thing is going to be? In this world of insti-grat (that's instant gratification for you tweeters who don't want to use up too many characters)because if I could invent it...Hhhhmmmmm that would surely help me monetize my life.
So I am giving myself a realistic 52 weeks to go from Flabulous to Fabulous!! Who's with me??
Anyone? Anyone? Buehler??