1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well.
The hard part of this for me is choosing only my fabulous addictions, not my run of the mill (read: sometimes illegal and always illicit) -not so fabulous ones....so here goes:
5. addicted to soap operas since I was 11. Something about Luke Spencer and Laura Weber and those discoteque lights and Herb Alpert's "Rise" got under my craw back then. Hell, - it's over 30 years ago, and while I don't actually watch them any more ...I still check Soaps.com for updates on my ABC addictions. You know your old when your favorite character's children are the new 'it' couple.
4. My acrylic nails....oh yeah - I got me some loverly french manicure and have for oh so many years. I don't even know what my real nails look like. Even in this economy - I'd give up lunch (yeah, that's it - lunch !) everyday for my fingernails. Too bad my kids will go hungry without their packed lunchboxes, but my nails still look fabulous.
3. Salt and Grease...sure I love chocolate, but my first and always preferred snack addiction is chips, chips and chips. Something about the combo of lightly salted-hydrogenatedly-oiled potato or corn products really makes me happy. Add to that a coating of 'processed cheese food' and I am all squealy with joy. (side note: just how many cheetos do you eat before you lick your fingers, anyway?)
2. Reality TV...maybe because there is such a lack of original programming these days, but I can't wait for AmericanIdolSoYouThinkYouCan DanceProjectRunwayTopChef to come on each week. Oh, and I'd like to thank my DVR for making it all possible....and my number one Fabulous Addiction is - as if you didn't already know:
1. Blogging. I have B.O.C.D. - Blog Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I need to start a support group. I'll call it On and On Anon. Coffee and chips will be served at the meetings. And we offer free WiFi. Any takers?
Now for the hard part: I have to select 5 Fabulous cyber friends to share this with.
Aunt Becky at Mommy Wants Vodka because she has the most fabulous new look for her site. It's so 'afterschool special' in an "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret" kind of way. I read her each day , so maybe if I kiss her bloggy butt a little here - she'll finally add me to her blog roll.
Happy Hour Sue at Happy Meals and Happy Hour because she has the most fabulous sense of humor and always makes me laugh.
Tiffany and Heather of the Secret's In The Sauce. The fabulous site that brings about 300 bloggers together -each and every day.
Trooper Thorn of Dogs and Jeans. Trooper is hysterical. His fabulous coverage of newsworthy events like the Olympics and the Election actually made me snort whatever beverage I was consuming out of my nostrils (and let me tell you, wine stings when it comes out of your nostrils). I don't think Trooper would mind the girly picture on his blog. Would you, Trooper?
and Romi, at It is What it Is because she hasn't been around for a while and I want to make sure she is still as fabulous as ever.
So there you have it.
Fabulous is as fabulous does.