[Cue cheesy 70's porn music, black lights and lava lamps]
Here is where it goes back to being just plain little 'ol me. Lula did this really cool Q and A thing a week or so ago and she asked who wanted to be interviewed. So , immediately - and without hesitation - I emailed her back and said "Do Me". After a brief explanation as to the double entendre in that statement....(not that there is anything wrong with that)
And without further ado....
1. Everyone has been blessed with a talent, be it big or small. What's yours, and do you use it often?
I have been blessed with the truth extracting eyes. I got it from my dad. We call it the "Poppy Face" around here. Furrowed brow, chin lowered, eyes fixed - looking intensely at the the target of truth extraction. I have been known to bring a grown man to his knees and crumble little princesses.
2. Share your favorite memory from childhood.
I have so many. Thank god I can say that. One particular memory that rings clear is circa 1969ish. We lived on a cul de sac that was truly suburbia. Next door to us was the Previtts on one side and the Gilbergs on the other. Across the way was the Nappys. Down at the end was the Pauls, of Bob Pauls' Bakery fame. (fame only if you grew up in Framingham , MA ). We neighborhood kids would play outside on warm summer evenings until summoned by the Mr. Previtt full-fist-two-finger-whistle that it was time to go inside. On 4th of July we'd all have parades and block parties and Mr. Paul would give each kid in the cul de sac their own little cake wrapped a little brown box tied with twine and everything. We'd play kickball, or in one another's tree forts, and ride our bikes , and pretend we were the Partridge Family and I always had to be Keith 'cuz Barbara Nappy had long brown hair so naturally she was Laurie (beotch), and chase each other around in our pj's, and explore the pine groves between our cul de sac and the neighboring golf course and.....
3. You've been given a two week, all-expenses paid vacation. Where will you go? Whom will you take with you?
This one is easy...I have been lucky to have visited some pretty terrific places , but I would love to repeat my honeymoon to a tee. Two weeks in the finest hotels in Florence, Venice and Positano Italy. I don't think I could improve on what was perfection 13 years ago. First class all the way. To the manner born baby, to the manner born.
4. If you could have one superpower, what would you want? How would you use it?
This one is easy too. I'd be the Cancer Ass Kicker. Nuff said.
5. A movie is being made of your life story. Who will play you? Your significant other? And what song would be on the movie's soundtrack?
Why anyone would want to make a story of my life, unless I actually became the Cancer Ass Kicker and had a real story to contribute...I don't know. But if for some odd reason, the life story of Swirl Girl were to be made..it would be a feel good story along the lines of The Big Chill meets When Harry Met Sally with a little I Love You Alice B . Toklas thrown in for reality sake. Full of humor and great music.
6. If you had an entire day to spend by yourself, with plenty of money at your disposal, what would you choose to do?
Seriously - a whole day and plenty of money ?? I could say a spa or the mall - but I'm going with Vegas. Just me and 1000 of my closest drinking , smoking, swearing, flirting 'friends' hitting the tables and slots. Sad, huh?
7. Name three people, living or deceased, you'd invite to a dinner party at your house. What would you serve?
This one brought me the most joy in trying to answer. I have thinking about it for days now. At first I was going to be all clever and pithy....bordering on the sentimental. My wonderful dad truly loved the taste of food and the entire experience of eating really, really good food. So he's in for sure.
Then, last night , Hubby and I watched this. Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. Monday night's episode was titled Food Porn. You gotta check it out. I would want to eat EVERYTHING on that show ( save for the actual pig tip of the snout described as gelatinous - ewww)....and share it with whoever has shorter arms than I do. Let's just say you'd have to pry me away from that table.
8. You stumble upon a time machine that will only go back through time. Where will it take you? What will you do in that period of time?
I love the look of old technicolor movies like How to Marry A Millionaire and Funny Face and The Apartment. The clothes, the style...the fact that people dressed for dinner, and wore fur stoles and hats. And whatever happened to slippers with kitten heels and little fuzzy poofies at the toes? I'd be Lauren Bacall and be all glam and sexy. I'd be all trying to nab my advertising executive - photographer- architect - wealthy bachelor type man and drinking champagne out of coupe glasses
9. What is your all-time favorite book? Movie? Television show? Song?
All time favorites? Let's see. T.V. Show = The Mary Tyler Moore Show hands down.
Book = Are You There God It's Me Margaret, A Separate Peace,
I Know this Much Is True, A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Song = too many to list....suffice it to say that picking a favorite
song is tantamount to choosing Fritos Regular or Scoops.
10. A physician offers you $25,000 worth of plastic surgery services. Do you take him/her up on the offer? If so, what will you enhance/make bigger/make smaller?
Yes - Nip/ Tuck me all the way babay!! Take my ass and gut and give it someone less deserving than me. Pack the bags under my eyes and take a little off the nose.
Now...I would love to interview you and you and you. So here is what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So come on--let's get to know each other better.
And do not fear potential questions--I promise to play very nice.