Monday, September 8, 2008

So Much to Do...So Little Time

#6 Emily the Blue Angel
#2 Rachel the Fireball

First of all...I just want to say thanks to everyone who read and commented here over the past few days. I would like to say that I will be able to respond to each and everyone in a timely fashion...but that would be a lie and don't lie (much). I will read each comment, and I will get to you all at some point. But- if I am ever going to get my arse off the chair and take care of things around here - blogs gotta wait.


-----------



Secondly - today is my Emily's 9th birthday. I am not old enough to have a 9 year old 4th grader. She is sometimes wise beyond her years...and at other times - she's just so...8.



In lieu of treats for her class, Emily wanted to donate something that the class really needs, so we are buying clipboards for all the 28 kids in her class. (teacher request). She really is so thoughtful like that. It was her idea. And, they are fiber boards, so if anyone would like to actually eat the clipboard, they are good for you and should appease the competimommies nutritional requirements. Also, they are peanut free and were not made with high fructose corn syrup or artificial dyes.


----------


First days of soccer season was this weekend. 4 hours in 92 degree heat ...fun. Lots of fun.


Pictures above. Video below. Even little Rachel played. She's actually really good. There were just too many kids on the field and she was a bit overwhelmed by the crowd. Emily played like a champ - even though they lost 3-2. One down, eleven games to go. Can't wait. Rah.
(I know I said I don't lie...gimme a break)


----------



Hubby and I went out Saturday night for steak dinner and on the way home - found a DIVE bar here in town...with real old fashioned juke box and pinball machines. I didn't know our little 'burb had this place. Next time - it's PacMan all the way!

Steak Dinner with bottle of Pinot Noir $200.00
Babysitter $60.00
Two cold draft beers and 18 holes of PGA video goldf $12.00
Night out with hubby full of laughs so much so that I don't mind the little hangover the next day = PRICELESS!




20 comments:

TentCamper said...

Do we live identical lives?
Soccer, heat, steak diners, dive bars...It's like lookng n the mirror.

nikkicrumpet said...

Ahhh I remember the days of soccer...and not all that fondly. But here it was blistering sleet storms and freezing cold. Thank goodness they're grown. Now I can just snicker at you poor mommies that are still going through it!

amelia bedelia said...

gooooooooooaaaaaaalll!!!

Happy birthday emily! I have a 9-year too!! Love 'em!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Happy Birthday to Emily!

Oh and no worries if you don't respond soon...I so understand having to do 'other' things than blog. Somehow the world keeps turning even when you're not caught up online! hahaha

~melody~

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Your comment about the competimommies reminded me about this site I found today. It's a great PTA "form" --
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/09/08/opinion/20080908_opart.html

Insane Mama said...

Yea, what tenter said...
Except he lies. No steak for months and I want some.
Dive bars and video golf.... PLEASE WHEN CAN WE MEET?

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Sounds like fun! The night out part, that is.

jill jill bo bill said...

Your girls are gorgeous and happy birthday, EM!!! I so don't envy you in the heat. watching soccer.

But I am jealous you had a date. Let em know how impressed we are with her desire to give on her birthday. I never learned that....

Alison said...

"Also, they are peanut free and were not made with high fructose corn syrup or artificial dyes."

This made me snort. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything.

Yay for having a great night with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely little girl you have thinking of something like that for her school! Hopefully they won't all clobber her with them because really the kids wanted treats!

Fannie said...

I'm back with my butt on the bleachers watching volley ball.

The Nice One said...

LMAO about the boards. Are they dairy free, too, cuz that's my worry. MmmHmmm.
That's a GREAT idea...I really like it and may suggest that to my kiddos.

M said...

Sounds like fun filled times to me!

Lula! said...

You are blessed...

Beautiful, thoughtful, non-aging daughters...

Fabulous readers...
:)

A date night with your husband...and steak...and wine...and golf...

Girl, I am jealous. Yeah, I admit it!

Kgirl said...

When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said she couldn't come up with anything. I informed her that it meant that she was already too spoiled and received way too much throughout the year.....she immediately said she wanted a book....funny girl!

Heather said...

Ugh...we haven't started any sports yet. With four of them, I'm trying to put off sports until I can't stand the begging. I'll spend a fortune in gas.

Rela Pantaleon said...

wow that's a lot of $$$ for dinner! Am glad the time together was priceless, literally and figuratively!

Cristin said...

Graham tried soccer last year and Hated it! What a relief!!

That little girl of yours has got some skills!

Happy Birthday Emily!!

Anonymous said...

Ray Ray is very coordinated....she must get that from her Auntie Stacy!

sparkled*life said...

It is so amazing how once you have children there is such a appreciation for date nights! You love your husband in such a different special way...so romantic! Glad you got to get away with your hubby!