Thursday, March 13, 2008

Upping the ante - dose

Called Dr. yesterday at the two week med mark. Feeling lousy. He upped the dose of synthroid to 25mcg per day. I have had a chronic headache for about 5 days now. So tired I had to come home and just close my eyes for an hour this afternoon.

What's worse is the ....mucus drip in the back of my throat. There goes another onomatopeaic word. It sounds like it is. Couldn't it be called jasmine or something inviting?? I don't know whether or not it is from intubation or the actual surgery - but I can't stand it. I went to CVS today to buy that Mucinex - you know, that stuff from the cartoon commercial with little mucus loogy army guys marching through someone's chest? Well, who woulda thunk it, but you need a twelve step program pass to buy this stuff. Apparantly, you can make methamphetamine with it, so you have to show I.D, have your license scanned , and can only buy it once every 30 days or something silly like that. There is a data base in California that tracks purchases of it to prevent abuse.

And to think for tracking meth usage, our public schools are losing millions of dollars and we are going to have to close two elementary schools in our district in the next year. I wish I could actually expectorate one of these little lovelies all the way to Sacramento. Put that in your commercial Governator!

Anyway, I hope it works, because the sleepless nights and very sleepy days are wearing on me something fierce. This evening I actually carried my youngest daughter for about 150 feet. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was. And, yes, my foot fell asleep. And, yes, my hands fell asleep - but I could do it. First time in 6 weeks. I had to wait a few minutes once I put her down for things to wake up so I could drive, but she appreciated the carry. So did I.

No comments: